How To Make Your Chapattis More Nutritious:
1. One way of making roti more nutritious is by adding besan, barley, oats flour to your whole wheat atta for extra nutrients.
2. Always include chokker( bran) in your atta.
3.In dough add herbs like mint powder or methidana powder for their therapeutic properties.
4. Prepare the dough (atta) with vegetable stock or add finely chopped green leafy vegetables such as spinach (paalak) or fenugreek (methi).
5.Use leftover cooked dal to knead the flour instead of plain water.
6. Chapatis can also be a good way of giving your child hidden vegetables. For example, boiling and mashing beetroot and using the puree to make your dough instead of water, will give you a bright red chapati. You can do the same with spinach (paalak) for green chapatti.
7. Avoid adding salt while preparing the dough for chapattis.
8. Soya flour is very rich in protein, calcium and iron. You can mix it with wheat flour for extra nutrition.
9. Instead of oil laden paranthas give vegetable stuffed chapatis with vegetables raita for generous helping of vegetables.
Consideration: If you find that combining a different flour to wholewheat makes your chapatis stiff or hard, reduce the amount of the other flour in the mixture and increase that of wholewheat