Healthy, hydrated cells are the key to ageless skin and a healthy body.Glowing,soft, supple, radiant, fresh, clear and smooth skin. Isn't that just the kind of skin we all want?? Our skin is the largest and most visible organ of our body. What you put in your body is more important than what you put on it..
Add the following foods to your diet that would provide the luster to your skin much more than any beauty product!!
1. Vitamin A: It fights free radicals, gives elasticity and prevents wrinkles giving a smooth complexion to your skin. Carrot, mango, green leafy veggies, pumpkin, peach, eggs and dairy products are all good sources of Vit A
2. Vitamin C: This powerful antioxidant protects the skin from sun and environmental damage and helps the body produce collagen. Lack of collagen results in dull, and dry skin. Get your dose from amla, kiwi, tomato, all citrus fruits, green /red/yellow peppers and guava.
3. Vitamin E: It helps in maintaining skin elasticity and maintains it moisture. Nuts like almonds and walnuts, all seeds esp. flaxseeds, eggs, soybean, wheat germ oil are all rich sources. Do consult a doctor before taking Vit E supplement.
4. Zinc: To fight blemishes make sure that your diet is rich in zinc. Include mushrooms, pumpkin, lean meat, wholegrain cereals and pulses.
5. Biotin: It forms the basis of skin, nail and hair cells. Get it from eggs, banana, oatmeal and brown rice.
6. Selenium: Selenium can help prevent wrinkles and fine lines from the sun and environmental hazards. Animal products like chicken, eggs, fish are thought to contain more selenium than plant sources.
7. Green tea: It has anti ageing properties. Switch to green tea to keep your skin youthful for a longer time.
8. Fats: Essential fats like omega 3 fatty acids found in oily fish and flaxseeds. They calm inflammation and moisturize the skin from within.
9. Water: Just like all other organs, the skin is made up of cells that require water to function. When your skin cells aren't sufficiently hydrated, the appearance of your skin suffers, making you look older than your years.
Various factors that can promote aging progress (so avoid):
1. Excess sugar: When we eat lots of sugar the collagen and elastin of the skin gets damaged, our skin loses it elasticity and wrinkles begin to form which causes old and damaged skin. By reducing the amount of sugar in your diet, not only will you look better, you will feel healthier too.
2. Saturated fat: Avoid fried, processed foods high in sugar, oil and synthetic colors.
3.Stress: Chronic stress increases the hormone cortisol, which damages skin's ability to hold on to water making it dry and wrinkled.
Bottom-line: Having a healthy lifestyle with intake of plenty of fruits, vegetables, lean protein and water, regular exercise and a regular CTM routine ensures that your skin is free of blemishes. Keep glowing!!!!!!